Although we’re only 3 weeks into the new year and the quarter, the Sencha teams are running at full steam! Last week, we announced the release of Ext JS 7.1 and with it, reinforced our level of commitment to the community as well as toward advancing the framework. Our mission to deliver high quality products that ease app development stays solid. And I lead this effort by extending everything the team needs to allow for timely product releases, amped up with features that provide the most value to you.
Table of Contents
Ext JS Version 7.1 Release
If you haven’t yet had a chance to try it out, I highly recommend upgrading to take advantage of the various enhancements of this release. More importantly, I encourage you to provide feedback to our product and engineering teams. The shorter we can make this feedback loop, the quicker we can get quality releases in your hands. Here are a few highlights from the release:
- Significant improvements to the Ext JS Modern and Classic toolkits.
- High fidelity UI and UX component enhancements to Sencha’s popular grid component, focused on editing, scrolling, improvements to grid locking capabilities, drag and drop, data-bound grid applications and more.
- Improvements to text and form input components enhancements to ExtReact, ExtAngular, and ExtWebComponents.
- New API docs and ‘Getting Started Resources’ for faster onboarding.
- See release notes for a comprehensive list of fixes, updates, and enhancements.
Ext JS is Rated #1 by our Customers
Sometimes it’s best to let our customers do the talking for us as they express their views about our releases. After our What’s New in 7.1 webinar, one Ext JS customer had this to say:
“I think I’m most excited about this release… new features are nice, but fixing issues with current features is much more beneficial, IMO, so thank you very much for taking the time to do these fixes and presentation! Y’all have regenerated and increased my faith in the framework.”
Additionally, the positive G2 reviews continue to pour in and elevate Ext JS to the #1 rated professionally maintained JS framework in the world. Here are just a few of the dozen encouraging reviews from our community:
Our entire Sencha team is more excited than ever about what we’re currently working on as they continue to innovate new ways to make your apps more powerful. Ext JS is cemented as the greatest JS framework and we continue to work hard to keep that going.
Upgrading to 7.1
Users on older versions of Ext JS can use the Upgrade Advisor Tool— a free tool to scan your Ext JS app developed on an old version. The tool provides guidance on the code changes required to upgrade.