The Sencha product team is thrilled to announce the General Availability of version 7.1 for Ext JS, ExtAngular, ExtReact, ExtWebComponents and tooling. Read on to learn more about the improved product features of this release.
- Significant improvements to the Ext JS Modern and Classic toolkits.
- High fidelity UI and UX component enhancements to Sencha’s popular grid component, focused on row editing, horizontal and vertical scrolling, improvements to grid locking capabilities, drag and drop and data bound grid applications.
- Improvements to text and form input components including combo box, radio group, text area and tagfield, spanning usability, responsiveness, performance and Material theme styling.
- New component examples in the API docs for Ext JS, ExtAngular, ExtReact and ExtWebComponents which make it easy to copy-paste the source to your application.
- Improved API documentation for Ext JS, ExtAngular, ExtReact and ExtWebComponents making it easier to find properties, methods and events.
- Upgraded Froala WYSIWYG Editor to support the version 3.0
- Improvements to ExtGen View Package generation
- Several quality improvements to JetBrains plugin
- Quality improvements to Sencha Themer tool
New Component Examples
Configuring Sencha Grid in the framework of choice is simple. Find more angles and examples on how to configure the Grid in our revised API Docs.
Ext JS Components
We’re driving an accentuated focus on Ext JS Classic and Modern toolkit quality fixes to make it easier and faster to build data-rich applications.
- The engineering team has implemented numerous Ext JS Grid improvements such as quality enhancements to the editing, scrolling, locking, drag and drop, RadioGroup, Combo, Tagfield features and more.
Here’s one of our new examples for the Ext JS Modern Grid. Try it out in the fiddle.
The Ext JS components for React (ExtReact) have been drastically improved.
- We have improved the runtime used for React
- There are improvements in the documentation and all quality improvements for Ext JS directly flow into the React library as well.
- Intermix our components in any method in JSX.
The API Docs docs now reflect the Ext JS Component declaration that can be used in JSX.
Here’s one of our new examples for the ExtReact Grid. Try it out in the fiddle.
We have new and renewed improvements in the Ext JS components for the Angular framework (ExtAngular).
- The runtime used for Angular has been greatly improved.
- Improved documentation accuracy.
- All the quality improvements for Ext JS are also reflected in the ExtAngular library.
The API docs now reflect the Ext JS component declaration which can be used in the HTML Angular markup.
Last year we launched ExtWebComponents, a framework agnostic approach to application development. This release adds some additional improvements to this product as well.
- We have improved the runtime for the web components.
- All the quality improvements for Ext JS are also reflected in ExtWebComponents.
The API docs now reflect the Ext JS component HTML element tag name for ext-grid.
The new ExtWebComponent charting example (written with custom elements and ECMA 2016+ syntax) shows how to use the fetch API in any browser using polyfills for older browsers. Learn how to generate data-rich apps quicker with Ext JS web components.
Through each release, we will continue to deliver quality improvements and enhanced usability to the Ext JS Modern and Classic toolkits. We’ll also add features that improve developer productivity.
Our engineering team has started on Ext JS 7.2 containing many quality, performance and usability enhancements. Read more in our previously released product roadmap blog post.
Our goal is to make our product easier and better to use. Find new videos to help show you how to get started and debug.
- Get Started with Ext JS for React
- Get Started with Ext JS for Angular
- Get Started with Ext JS in a platform-agnostic way
Upgrade to Ext JS 7.1
Don’t stay stuck on older versions, use ext-gen migrate to update your app dependencies and access the newest features and enhancements.
The free to use Ext JS Upgrade Adviser tool helps identify code changes required to migrate to the latest Ext JS version.
Try Ext JS 7.1
Did you know?
You can share your favorite Ext JS tips & tricks and bag some cool prizes. Read more here.