New Breakthrough Web Application Lifecycle Management Platform Provides Single Solution to Rapidly Deploy and Manage Web Applications on Any Screen and Device
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., April 8, 2015 — Sencha, a leading provider of HTML5 desktop and mobile web application development technology, today announced the Sencha Web Application Lifecycle Management Platform. In response to increasing fragmentation of devices, mobile platforms and operating systems, the new Sencha Platform empowers development and IT departments with a unified and comprehensive approach to application development, including designing, rapidly prototyping, developing, testing, securely deploying and managing intuitive and compelling applications. The announcement of the Sencha Platform was made today at SenchaCon 2015, “The Future of Application Development,” in Santa Clara, CA.
“The current siloed approach to developing and managing applications for multiple devices and operating systems is extremely inefficient and costly, contributing to lower productivity and delayed time-to-market of the critical desktop and mobile apps that companies need to drive their business and connect to their customers,” said Art Landro, CEO of Sencha. “The Sencha Platform is designed to remove the complexities and cost associated with every facet of web application development, from genesis to post-deployment, on every conceivable device used by an organization’s employees, contractors or partners. With the Sencha Platform we’re delivering on our promise to developers and enterprises to enable a single, seamless solution that provides users with the right experience on the right screen at the right time.”
“Enterprises need to go beyond mobile and multichannel to omnichannel. […] Many firms find it hard enough to create consistent omnichannel experiences, but consistency is just the starting point. As the number of devices customers use and own grows, they will expect cross-channel experiences as part of a superior experience,” said Michael Facemire, principal analyst at Forrester Research (Forrester Research, Inc., The Future Of Mobile Application Development, January 2015)
The Sencha Platform extends the integration between the Sencha Ext JS framework and Sencha Space management solution to deliver more robust analytics and debugging, making it easier for organizations to quickly spot performance problems and drill down into the application to identify potential issues impacting its architecture.
The core capabilities and benefits of the Sencha Web Application Lifecycle Management Platform include:
- App templates for Ext JS and the GXT frameworks so developers can design visually compelling and modern web apps more quickly
- Theming tools for customizing the look-and-feel and creating personalized brands for organizations
- New Power UI components including the Sencha PivotGrid for robust data analysis
- Enhanced charting and data visualization capabilities
- Enhanced integrations into the developers’ workflow with IDE plugins
- Tablet support for GXT including touch gestures and momentum scrolling
- An early access version of Sencha Inspector, providing enhanced testing capabilities to identify potential performance issues and architectural complexity
Deploy and Manage
- Enhanced application performance and activity reports
- In-app event capture and analytics
- Desktop debugging capabilities
Generally available in June 2015, the Sencha Web Application Lifecycle Management Platform is open and modular, so customers can opt to either purchase the comprehensive Platform or modular elements of it.