Ext JS Upgrade Adviser is a tool for scanning your Ext JS application code to identify and report problems in source code that need to be addressed before upgrading. Problems currently identifiable are the use of removed, private and deprecated methods, and configs and properties that have changed. Ext JS Upgrade Adviser uses a custom ESLint plugin designed specifically for Ext JS that can be run from the command line or integrated in an IDE, allowing the IDE to automatically fix and recommend solutions to upgrade problems.
Ext JS Upgrade Adviser Benefits:
- Save time upgrading your Ext JS apps by understanding upfront what code changes your dev team will need to make.
- Identify and properly estimate the amount of time and resources.
- Upgrade to the latest version of Ext JS faster than ever before, automatically updating many deprecations for classes, configurations, properties, and methods.
- Take advantage of Ext JS linting with our custom plugin (available separately).
Who Chooses Ext JS Upgrade Adviser?
- Any existing Ext JS customer on version 4.x or newer can download and use Ext JS Upgrade Adviser for free.
- Ext JS Upgrade Adviser supports both Modern and Classic Toolkits (see our documentation for a list of version support).
- Ext JS Upgrade Adviser can be used on applications using ECMAScript 6.
As always, we have a group of Senior Architects available that can review your applications for best practices, performance optimization and establish a pattern for building the ideal UI’s to capture the best of Ext JS. Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your upgrade questions.