Our goal for Sencha IDE Plugins is to streamline the development process for developers using Sencha Ext JS and popular IDEs. Our plugins help developers to build Ext JS web applications faster. We’re excited to announce that the early access versions of Sencha Visual Studio Plugin and Eclipse Plugin are now available.
Early access to these two new IDE plugins enables you to evaluate our work in progress. Try out the following new features:
- Quickly create new web application projects for Sencha Ext JS frameworks with a starter template
- Consistent code completion experience inside the IDE for:
- Config, method, and property names for all Ext JS and user classes
- Alias properties such as xtype, controller, viewModel, layout
- Event names and listeners objects
- Controller methods in listeners
- Properties from the ViewModel in bind configs
- Easily navigate code by clicking on references and navigate to:
- Framework classes
- Custom classes
- Parent classes
- Context-sensitive help
- Use template creation capabilities to quickly create code snippets by adding new:
- Ext JS Apps
- Ext JS classes (view, model, controller, store)
- Ext JS Workspaces
- View packages
- Integrate with build and debugging tools by:
- Watching source code changes and rebuilding using Sencha Cmd
- Using inspect flags to allow inspection of Ext JS apps using Sencha Inspector
- Support for any Sencha application developed with Ext JS 4.2 and above or Touch 2.1 and above.
Using Visual Studio Plugin
The Visual Studio Plugin uses Microsoft’s standard VSIX file extension to install for the compatible versions of Visual Studio. After downloading the VSIX file, please follow the installation steps in the docs. To learn more about Visual Studio Plugin, join us for our upcoming webinar.
Build Universal HTML5 Apps within Visual Studio
Thursday, November 5, 2015
11am PST | 2pm EST | 7pm GMT
Try out Visual Studio Plugin early access and tell us what you think by completing a short survey. Submit the survey by November 30th, and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Amazon gift card. You can also share your feedback in the Visual Studio Plugin forum.
Using Sencha Eclipse Plugin
The Eclipse Plugin is packaged as an eclipse IDE plugin zip file. After downloading the zip file, please follow the installation steps in the docs. To learn more about Eclipse Plugin, join us for our upcoming webinar.
Improving Developer Productivity: Sencha Eclipse Plugin
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
10am PST | 1pm EST | 6pm GMT
Try out Eclipse Plugin early access and tell us what you think by completing a short survey. Submit the survey by November 30th, and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Amazon gift card. You can also share your feedback in the Eclipse Plugin forum.
We look forward to reading your feedback.