Our goal for Sencha IDE Plugins is to streamline the development process for developers using Sencha Ext JS and popular IDEs. Our plugins help developers to build Ext JS web applications faster. We’re excited to announce that the early access versions of Sencha Visual Studio Plugin and Eclipse Plugin are now available.
Visual Studio Plugin – Download Now
Early access to these two new IDE plugins enables you to evaluate our work in progress. Try out the following new features:
- Quickly create new web application projects for Sencha Ext JS frameworks with a starter template
- Consistent code completion experience inside the IDE for:
- Config, method, and property names for all Ext JS and user classes
- Alias properties such as xtype, controller, viewModel, layout
- Event names and listeners objects
- Controller methods in listeners
- Properties from the ViewModel in bind configs
- Easily navigate code by clicking on references and navigate to:
- Framework classes
- Custom classes
- Parent classes
- Context-sensitive help
- Use template creation capabilities to quickly create code snippets by adding new:
- Ext JS Apps
- Ext JS classes (view, model, controller, store)
- Ext JS Workspaces
- View packages
- Integrate with build and debugging tools by:
- Watching source code changes and rebuilding using Sencha Cmd
- Using inspect flags to allow inspection of Ext JS apps using Sencha Inspector
- Support for any Sencha application developed with Ext JS 4.2 and above or Touch 2.1 and above.
Using Visual Studio Plugin
The Visual Studio Plugin uses Microsoft’s standard VSIX file extension to install for the compatible versions of Visual Studio. After downloading the VSIX file, please follow the installation steps in the docs. To learn more about Visual Studio Plugin, join us for our upcoming webinar.
Build Universal HTML5 Apps within Visual Studio
Thursday, November 5, 2015
11am PST | 2pm EST | 7pm GMT
Try out Visual Studio Plugin early access and tell us what you think by completing a short survey. Submit the survey by November 30th, and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Amazon gift card. You can also share your feedback in the Visual Studio Plugin forum.
Using Sencha Eclipse Plugin
The Eclipse Plugin is packaged as an eclipse IDE plugin zip file. After downloading the zip file, please follow the installation steps in the docs. To learn more about Eclipse Plugin, join us for our upcoming webinar.
Improving Developer Productivity: Sencha Eclipse Plugin
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
10am PST | 1pm EST | 6pm GMT
Try out Eclipse Plugin early access and tell us what you think by completing a short survey. Submit the survey by November 30th, and you’ll be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Amazon gift card. You can also share your feedback in the Eclipse Plugin forum.
We look forward to reading your feedback.
Extjs6 premium user says
I submitted a downloading request for Eclipse Plugin few times, but I have not received anything yet.
Please send it to my email above. Thank you.
Thanks for your comment and email. Good to hear that you are now able to download the plugin.
Timothy Scott says
I have used the early adopter request form. I get emailed the download link but get a File Not Found at the provided URL.
Does the email address we use need to match the one associated with our support account profile?
Emails do not need to match. If you are still having issues, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will make sure you get a download link.
Beny Happer says
Testing for free, no way !!!
Sencha products are too expensive for me to test it for free
Sadly, so true …
VS plugin continually crashed projects in VS2015.
Please post issues with the EA plugins to the forum – bit.ly/1MRSFaL
We’re actively monitoring and will be sure to address/correct any problem you’re encountering.
More plugins! But when we see an updated Sencha Architect. That is the real productivity booster for me!
We’re making progress on Architect 6. Look for a release in Q1 of 2016. We’ll have a more precise estimate as we get closer.
What version of Eclipse is this plugin compatible with?
Sorry, just found the answer in the IDE Plugin Guides – Luna and Mars